7 Desserts I like
The very mention of the word, ‘desserts’ brings water in my mouth and many images of my favourite sweet dish pops up in my head. There are innumerable kinds of mouth watering sweet treats and to be counted among the best 7 I like is a very big task. This list depicts the desserts that have gained appreciation from me . If you have tried them, great, and if you haven’t, then go for them immediately and make your life sweeter.
1. Rabdi – Although the rasgulla and gulab jamun give it tough competition, rabdi, with it’s thick, creamy texture and heavenly milky taste is a cut above the rest.
2. Gelato – There is no denying that the Italians treated the world when they invented the gelato. Gelatos is my favourite ice cream because of their low fat content as compared to traditional ice creams and their creamy smooth texture that melts in the mouth.
3. Tiramisu – The layer upon layer of captivatingly yummy ingredients, make this an irresistible deal. It is a combination of layers of savoiardi biscuits soaked in strong espresso and alcohol along with the heavenly zabaglione cream and topped with a sprinkling of cocoa powder.
4. Baklava – By the sound of it, Baklava may seem too rich and too sweet for most people’s tastes, what with the ingredients being pastries of flour, rose water, sweet sugary syrup, dried fruits, nuts, spices and honey. But the beauty of this treat is that inspite of such heavy sounding ingredients; it actually is a pretty light.
5. Cheesecake – I absolutely love cheesecake! Plain, with strawberries, cherries, whatever topping, I love it!
6. Mango mousse – A delicious, airy, light mango mousse definitely hit the spot. It is delightfully tasty.
7. Gajar ka halwa- It is an absolute delight to my taste buds. Very delicious and healthy. It does taste much better during winters, but whenever possible I do make a point to have a bowl full of it.
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013.
103 total views, 2 views today