7 benefits of being a single woman
I am a single woman, since decades. I have not been lucky in relationships. They broke before they were made. I wonder if something is wrong with me sometimes. Now in the 21st century, the identity of many women seems to be wrapped up in marriage and family. There is societal and family pressure to marry as well. However, women are increasingly beginning to realize that being single does have its advantages. Many women ( like me )choose to delay marriage, preferring instead to focus on career, friends and self-identity.
Here are 7 great benefits of being a single woman.
1. Your Time Is Your Own: Ever try to organize a girls’ night out with your married friends, especially those who have children? Between the Little League games, ballet classes and band practice, mothers also need to try to fit in time with their husbands. Something as simple as meeting for drinks can be grounds for a Mission: Impossible style planning session. If you are a single woman, you do not have those concerns. You can pick up and go anywhere you want, anytime you want. You may occasionally feel that you have too much empty time on your hands, but you can fill that time any way that you want.
2. Career Freedom : A single woman has the ability to dedicate herself to her career. If your work is important to you, this is your opportunity to develop your career. You can make choices that would be tough with a family to support, such as moving across the country or changing careers. Put in long hours and work toward advancement or job hop until you find one that gives you personal satisfaction. Your career decisions affect only yourself.
3. Make Your Life Anything You Want It to Be: This is ultimately the biggest advantage to being a single woman. You have the unique opportunity to mould and shape your life and pursue your dreams. There are no reasons to settle for second-best and no one else is depending on the choices that you make. Even if your ultimate goal is to marry and settle down, you might as well get your own life in place first. So go for the brass ring and shoot for the stars. Create the life that you want for yourself and then, if you want one, find a partner who will fit into that life. Being a single woman is a source of consternation for many women. Societal and family pressures to settle down can make even the most confident woman doubt herself.
4. Upgrade yourself for the better : Since you have more time, use it in upgrading yourself. Hit the gym , learn a new language, read books that interest you clean your room, get a new haircut style, I feel the list is endless! Upgrade yourself to what your heart desires. When you upgrade yourself for the better, the quality of your life becomes better, including the partner that you attract. Having skills and abilities makes one valuable. The more valuable you are, the more “high value” people you will attract into your life, friends and lovers.
5. No emotional dramas : When you are in a relationship, you always want it to keep it intact. To achieve that you have to take care or your partner’s emotions on top and have to ignore your wishes. You always feel insure of losing your partner or hurting them. In fact many lovers spent sleepless nights if something goes wrong in their relations. It’s not that being in a relation always hurts you emotionally but you do have to face ups and downs to keep your relationship working. Thus, if you are single then do enjoy your life to fullest.
6. Friendships : Once you’re married or committed to a serious relationship, you have less time to develop friendships. Create lasting friendships while you’re single by spending more time with friends. Hold a girl’s night at your apartment, or start a weekly or monthly book club. This valuable time you spend with friends will have lasting results. Often, friendships you create while you’re single continue when you’re married and have less time to make new friendships
7. You can control your finances : If you’ve ever been in a serious relationship, you know that, sooner or later, a good chunk of your budget goes into steady lady-maintenance costs. Being single gives you full financial freedom, and you never have to worry about paying for dinner or buying presents. However, understand that this does not mean that you will save money and on the contrary; you might be spending more on partying, buying drinks, dressing well, and so on. But at least you are the master of all the money you spend.
I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 1st – 7th September 2013.
43 total views, 3 views today