Love story

73968

Many of people I know, recommended ‘Love Story’ by Erich Segal to me. It is a small book of 127 pages and I finished it in one sitting.

It seriously did not live up to the hype. At least not for me. I really don’t like instant-love. In fact, it seriously pisses me off!

There was no chemistry at all between Oliver and Jenny. The only thing they have in common is they like to swear a lot–which got too old too soon in the book.

The characters were not likable or relatable. All I could know is that Oliver is a rich kid who loves Jenny more than money or his own father. And Jenny is this poor, smart musician who became a teacher and calls her dad by his first name.

If love means not ever having to say you’re sorry, then it’s good that I don’t love this book because I am sorry for having read it.

I did not like this book. I didn’t hate it, but I didn’t love it either. Nor I want to remember it forever.

Author: Novemberschild

I write a lot, which keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. There is always something to write about, always a new story to craft. Not writing, for me, is like trying to hold back a sneeze. Learning to write was the most powerful influence in my life. I can still remember the awe I felt when I realized I could put real words onto paper and tell out a story. From that first ‘a-ha’ moment I knew I wanted to write.

463 total views, 3 views today

8 thoughts on “Love story

• September 15, 2013 at 5:13 pm

I just added you in my fb and gchat, please accept, I am online…

• September 15, 2013 at 5:06 pm

Awh I just added you to my yahoo messanger id, thinking you use yahoo chat

• September 15, 2013 at 4:53 pm

How do I catch you online if you are now, Messenger? with the same id [email protected]

• September 15, 2013 at 4:52 pm

Yes I remember, I will be writing the reply soon, once Iam done with blog makeover

• September 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Spot on! Relationships gotta be practical. Btw, somebody is waiting for an e-mail:)

• September 15, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I read the book first time sometime in 2004-2005, after that I read it again very recently, but it made no difference to me. I did not like it. this is because I don’t like the concept of instant love or love at first sight, its total trash, relationships have to be practical.

• September 15, 2013 at 1:38 am

Why? I enjoyed reading it in my new flat years back in Pune. I found the book in a huge box left by former tenants. That was 2004 end. It was long time back.