Happiness From Desserts

Happiness for me comes from chocolate chip cookies, cakes, cupcakes, and desserts. I live by the motto “food equals love.” I love to cook desserts, receive desserts, and eat desserts. As I learned some basic skills and began to give food a way I realized two things: food makes people happy and it makes me happy to see other people happy when they enjoy the delicious results of my cooking efforts. Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than to watch someone’s enjoyment spread over their whole face when they bite into one of my warm, delicious desserts. Watching their reaction is like opening surprise gifts.

Although the process leading to a delicious result could take up to several hours it is always worth the wait. Gathering the ingredients, measuring the ingredients, every step along the way done with love and care. I stand there looking at the dough or batter and ask myself, “How will this turn out?” “What can I do to make it the most delicious dessert ever?” Not all attempts are successful, but even the failures are fun because bakers are the only ones who can eat their mistakes and enjoy the taste. When I cook I always try to put part of myself into the recipe because this helps me create something special. I hope to fulfil my life’s ambition to become a successful cook. One day maybe even you can try my wonderful creations that all my friends and family enjoy now.

Do you believe that cooking desserts can brighten up a person’s day? I do, because I believe happiness comes from desserts.

I am taking part in The Write Tribe Festival of Words 8th – 14th December 2013 and the theme is food.

vecchio libro con stilografica

Author: Novemberschild

I write a lot, which keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. There is always something to write about, always a new story to craft. Not writing, for me, is like trying to hold back a sneeze. Learning to write was the most powerful influence in my life. I can still remember the awe I felt when I realized I could put real words onto paper and tell out a story. From that first ‘a-ha’ moment I knew I wanted to write.

369 total views, 3 views today

10 thoughts on “Happiness From Desserts

• December 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm

I always believe desserts can brighten day! Eating or cooking 😀 😀

Richa

• December 10, 2013 at 2:27 pm

Not just cooking. Even eating them 🙂 Delicious post

• December 10, 2013 at 9:01 am

yep.. I agree!!
    I love baking cakes and brownies!! 😀

• December 9, 2013 at 4:54 pm

That’s so true. Once I baked a cake and it turned out to be very hard. The kids promptly christened it ‘biscuit cake’ and ate it up happily. Sothe baker and her family can eat up the mistakes ;-).

• December 9, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I do agree that cooking desserts can brighten up a person’s day. love to puddings, cookies, cakes and ice-creams and make them all at home. I love to eat and share with my friends. There is more joy in sharing food.

• December 9, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Am not a great cook myself and haven’t tried my hand at desserts, but I can manage to cook a decent basic meal myself, and like you say, nobody enjoys my cooking more than I do. Only the cooks really enjoy even their mistakes, don’t they 😀

• December 9, 2013 at 12:55 pm

I do believe that cooking desserts makes a person’s day. Cos cooking my simple chocolate cake makes my grumpy days delicious. 🙂

• December 9, 2013 at 12:47 pm

It is indeed very interesting to make desserts,but we cannot fill our stomach only with desserts. Moreover we must eat wholesome food.

• December 9, 2013 at 12:05 pm

I admire those who enjoy cooking/baking. Though I cook it is not the love of my life

• December 9, 2013 at 9:45 am

Yes I do… desserts can definitely brighten up a person’s day. I pamper myself by baking good looking cakes 🙂