If you are a woman
Have you ever wanted something that is considered ‘manly’? Like a basketball, a cell phone, a dog, a camera or a new laptop? A new car or motor bike? Ever wanted to be a pilot? A doctor or not a nurse? And the manliest want of them all – The remote! As a kid did you enjoy playing with a bat and a ball? There was a time when books were considered ‘manly’, women authors had to pretend to be men – would you say books are still rather manly – women should want to embroider and crochet?
If you are a man
Have you ever wanted something that only women are supposed to want – like bags, shoes, clothes, creams, perfumes, babies, flowers? A peaceful home and a happy family? Have you ever been afraid of the dark or of insects? As a kid did you ever want to play ‘teacher-teacher’, cooking or did you like playing with a doll? Have you ever enjoyed cooking? Bought something in pink? Loved chocolates?
Are magazines and books, TV News and blogs for men or for women? Religion and God? Pets? Politics? Air planes and cars? Technology? – Who should want them, men or women?
List below atleast 10 things you have ever wanted or done which your gender is not supposed to.
1. As a kid (and still sometimes today), I was called a ‘tom boy’ because I loved sports, mingling with boys and wearing jeans. I disliked frocks and skirts (I still do).
2. I hated playing with dolls; I never had those Barbie’s.
3. I love cars. I think all women should learn how to drive so that they can be independent.
4. My greatest wish was to get a tattoo and I have 4 of them.
5. I’ve lived alone in a different city with no one to call my own.
6. Cooking is not my forte. I can’t make round shaped roti’s.
7. I don’t know how to wear a sari. I think of it as the most inconvenient attire ever. Also, I do not fancy nor have I felt the urge to.
8. I cannot stand men who have pink lips or wear fancy colored trousers – reds/greens/orange. Men without mustache & beard are so feminine. I wonder how girls are crazy about ‘clean shaven’ men.
9. I can be one of the guys when I want to. Overt jokes don’t bother me and with the right people, I enjoy them.
10. I do not do ‘damsel in distress’. I pride myself on being able to take care of myself. I can carry my own bags and open my own doors.
11. Love gadgets which are the men’s toys.
12. Are books considered non-girly? I love books, and don’t care what sex they belong to but they are mine.
803 total views, 2 views today