Theme: Since today is Thanksgiving Day, write a post on the subject of gratitude.
Have you said thank-you to someone to show how grateful you are for them today? It’s such a small thing, but it can have a huge impact on your life, and the life of that person. Can you imagine a world where everyone showed gratitude? If someone did you a kindness, you’d give them a warm smile and say thank you. If you were having a bad day, someone else would take time out of her life to comfort you, out of gratitude for a kindness you did her yesterday. People would still get angry, or sad, but would know to find ways to be grateful, even in difficult situations.
I know, I’m an idealist, and such a world will never exist. But that’s OK. I can accept the world as it is and at the same time, show my gratitude for what a wonderful world we have.
1. I do a little ritual: I just close my eyes, and take a couple of minutes to think of the people and things I’m grateful for. That includes those who’ve donated to this site, as well as all you readers. And of course, my loved ones, and others in my life.
2. You know, it’s nice to get a little note thanking you for something you did. You don’t need to send someone a formal thank-you card but just a little note saying thank you for a specific thing the person has done for you can go a long way. And it only takes a minute!
3. You don’t even have to thank a person you can thank life itself! Wake up, and greet the day with gratitude. Be thankful you’re alive!
4. Give a little gift. It doesn’t have to be fancy or expensive, but a little gift can be a tremendous gesture.
5. Who doesn’t love public praise? Find a way to acknowledge the contributions of someone, to show your gratitude, in a public way in your office, among friends and family, on your blog.
When life gets you down, when your hurt or angry or confused or frustrated, take a moment to stop and close your eyes and find things to be thankful for. Your health, your family, your job, the roof over your head, the fact that you’ll have a next meal, the beauty of the world around you, the good people in your life. Whatever you can think of, be thankful for them and express that gratitude somehow. Realize that all is not bad in this world, and be happy for that.
406 total views, 4 views today