Word of the year 2017 #FridayReflections

I’ve been seriously intrigued by all the “word of the year” posts floating around. Each one seems as poetic as the last, putting so much into one little word. It’s funny how you can really encompass all your desires and goals for a year into a single word. And yet it all seems to fit. I’d like to say I thought long and hard about my word. But that isn’t the case. It kind of just came to me. To me thriving is optimal living. It’s being present and awake and stepping up to be my best self physically, emotionally, spiritually, creatively and within my relationships. It’s not a quest for perfection. It’s an opportunity to continue choosing to let go of things outside of my control and to figure out who that best-me-right-now really is. It will be a whole new journey!

I feel like I have been constantly waiting for things to be just right to do something. Instead of trying to wait for circumstances to be just right this year I am committed to doing more than just reacting or surviving. Regardless of how hectic the year may be I am going to thrive.  To thrive is grow or develop well or vigorously. to prosper or flourish. to progress toward or realize a goal despite or because of circumstances. This word excites me so much! it excites me because it invites progress and growth regardless of surrounding circumstances, which I’ve realized I have very little control of. I want my relationships, my health, and work to thrive in 2017.

Bring it on 2017. It’s what I need to do desperately, what I need to do to make myself better, what I need to do to be happy, successful, and live a full life in the New Year.

Author: Novemberschild

I write a lot, which keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. There is always something to write about, always a new story to craft. Not writing, for me, is like trying to hold back a sneeze. Learning to write was the most powerful influence in my life. I can still remember the awe I felt when I realized I could put real words onto paper and tell out a story. From that first ‘a-ha’ moment I knew I wanted to write.

2,055 total views, 2 views today

10 thoughts on “Word of the year 2017 #FridayReflections

• January 3, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I think you already are thriving, Roms! I truly admire your discipline and readiness to learn. Wishing you an awesome 2017!:)

• January 3, 2017 at 9:38 pm

Omg
    When i read your posts or visit your site
    My eyes are just glued on the stats of your webpage …
    Such terrific stats .
    Give me some tips ☺

• January 2, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Thrive! Wow, I really loved the word itself! It is true that living and thriving are two different things and you have rightly chosen the word for this year. I know you sure are going to attain this self goal of yours.
    Wish you a very happy and prosperous year Romila!

• December 31, 2016 at 6:41 pm

Truly, there’s a lot of buzz about this word of the year! I like your choice. Thrive is so much all-encompassing. And you’re totally dedicated and focused to achieve this, I’m sure!

Wishing you all the happiness and prosperity in 2017, Roms. Much love! ❤

• December 31, 2016 at 11:37 am

Love it, what a great word. Loved your journal entry as well (you have beautiful handwriting). Here’s to thriving in 2017! x

• December 31, 2016 at 4:31 am

I love “Bring it on 2017”. Thrive is a great word – because, when it comes down to it, isn’t that what all of us want to do? Have a Happy New Year and much success in Thriving!

• December 30, 2016 at 10:12 pm

The first time I had tried is ‘Word of the Year’ was in 2016. My word was Dreams (coming true) and boy, did they!! Still counting my blessings, as you know. 😉 Hope you thrive in every way possible. Have a great new year. All the best. 🙂

• December 30, 2016 at 8:37 pm

May this New Year be eventful and enriching for you…. God Bless

• December 30, 2016 at 8:21 pm

It’s a beautiful word and a resolution in itself. It’s poetic because it’s self explanatory of its intentions and efforts :).
    Thrive. Strive. Survive. Repeat