I started my blog in June 2004 in Rediff. I decided to start my blog for as I needed a productive hobby. As I was a keen writer with a desire to go into journalism/PR/marketing/publishing, I was always told to start a blog and create a portfolio. I thought a blog would help set me up in good stead for a freelance writing career. It seemed like a good idea at the time, and it was and it remains. I loved reading blogs and magazines, but I was so glad to have my own, and it’s one of the best decisions I ever made! When I started my blog, I didn’t think about it becoming a huge thing. Since then, I’ve had some pretty cool opportunities. I’ve been to blogging meets and I’ve been able to join the blogging community which is full of like-minded bloggers like myself.
All in all, I am Thankful for being a Blogger, because:
- I have gradually developed confidence in myself and my abilities since I started blogging. I believe in myself as a writer and I believe I have the potential to go all the way.
- Before I started blogging, I didn’t think I had the ability to be creative, but blogging is a creative task in itself. I am always coming up with ideas and figuring out how to put the words down.
- I have always been good at writing. I can’t draw, I am not the best with numbers, I don’t like sciences and I am not good at them. Writing seemed to be the perfect fit for me: I’ve always been good at essay-based subjects – which is one of the reasons why I studied journalism and I always loved to write. Since blogging, I have become much more passionate about writing, and I feel like I can totally own my craft: I was born to write and I love what I do.
- As a result of my blog, I have been able to attend events and meet fellow bloggers. I have been able to find a place in a community – blogging communities.
- Blogging gives me my own space for expression my opinions. I can talk about whatever I want (within reason of course.)
- Sometimes life can get a bit too much, so my blog is like a place of escapism for me and writing is a way for me to de-stress.
- Devoting myself to my blog has been really challenging. And as of this year I have been trying to blog more consistently which has been really challenging but really rewarding too. I am really grateful that my blog pushes and challenges me, because this helps me grow.
- Starting a blog has been the catalyst for me connecting with some really incredible and like-minded humans – who I didn’t even know existed! If it weren’t for this blog I would never have connected with these incredible humans, and for that I am incredibly thankful.
- Ever since I started this blog I have been continually called to step up. I launched my free eBook and before I started this blog I didn’t think I would ever do something like create an eBook – but I am really thankful that being a blogger I have been able to do things that I never thought I would ever do.
- I love brainstorming blog post ideas, writing and putting together posts, sharing the things I love, creating images, and responding to comments. I love spending time reading other blogs for ‘research’ (and by that I mean my own enjoyment) and bookmarking them.
636 total views, 1 views today