This Week: Word Prompts
Badge of Honour
Back to Basics
Between a rock and a hard place
Born with a silver spoon
Use any one or two or all the prompts in your posts.
Many people on twitter think that I was born with a silver spoon, as what they see is an outgoing girl, with decent appreciation for her writings and guys fawning over her. But trust me when I say it was not an easy journey to reach here. There was a time when my life was stuck; it felt like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. At that time somewhere I read a quote from Joseph B. Wirthlin “Great sculptors and artists spend countless hours perfecting their talents. They don’t pick up a chisel or a brush and palette, expecting immediate perfection. They understand that they will make many errors as they learn, but they start with the basics, the key fundamentals first.” My passion was writing and I had to go back to basics to learn and unlearn about writing. I started reading like a maniac– first part of basics. Then I kept grinding myself to earn the badge of honour in the blogosphere. No demands are asked, too great to bear my words are my anchor that will suffice in the basics, we can always trust to earn honour, upon backing on the right advice.
This post is written for Wordy Wednesday #2– January 2017 #BARWoWe
930 total views, no views today
I am midway completing this challenge, and it feels good. It does.
1. Disney Land: Someone as kiddish as I am has to go to this place. I have grown up watching all Disney cartoons. In fact, I still have not grown up in that aspect. I have always wished to go there. I so want to go there. No matter how many Disney Land they open up around the world, but I want to go the original one.
2. Dubai: Yes, the glamour allures me. The ostentatious display of wealth allures me. Those are the only possible reasons for my love for travelling to Dubai.
3. India : Being an Indian, it wold be really fair if I scale the country before hoping on the foreign land or calling myself an enthusiastic traveler. I never do that anyway, but critic-critic everywhere. I have always wanted to visit all the “places of interest” listed in the General Knowledge books that we once read or the lost and unlisted places. It might take a very long time to do that, but I have realized it is not that difficult.
4. The Iguazu Waterfalls: The most beautiful of all the waterfalls on earth. Don’t believe? Google it or watch it on Youtube.
5. Paris: The most beautiful city on earth I would say. I really wanna be there once. Paris is my perfect place for a holiday with my love.
6. South Africa: No, Africa ain’t just deserts and camels. It has this place I would love to visit at least once in my lifetime.
521 total views, no views today