I believe qualities makes everyone distinctive. It is the outward manifestation of what you believe inside your mind and spirit. It is your nature, personality, and moral fiber. Your character is the attitude and set of mind which indicates to others who you are and what you stand for.
This week I talk about 10 Things ( my qualities) that makes me thankful to be human.
1. I am humble: Humility is a quiet sort of confidence, an inner strength that allows for vulnerability because its possessor cares more about what is true than who is right. I am humble because I am open to criticism and correction without being emotionally battered and bruised by what is said or even how it’s said.
2. I am courageous: Loving the loveable is easy. But loving the unlovable takes courage. Being loyal to your friends is easy in front of your friends. Being loyal when there is pressure to be disloyal requires courage to stay true. Honesty when I know I will be praised for speaking it is easy. But honesty when I know I will be in all kinds of trouble for telling the truth requires all kinds of courage to tell it anyway.
3. I am grateful: I notice the light in the dark, joy in the sad and purpose in sorrow. Where ingrates only see pain, despair and emptiness, I have mastered the attitude of gratitude that sees opportunity and fullness. I am grateful for what others might consider the ordinary and common – that which is so easily taken for granted. I smile at the curiosity of the child who asks question after question after question. I notice the flutter of leaves in the breeze and the blueness of the sky and the crispness of autumn.
4. I am tolerant: I am truly happy hence I am a tolerant bunch. Iam tolerant of others’ mistakes. I am tolerate of the uncertainty of life. I don’t blow up or blow things out of proportion. I live comfortably with change and disruption and opposing ideas and attitudes.
5. I am loving: Love is the great neutralizer of negativity. It allows me to see pain behind anger, to recognize hidden misfortune behind very public expressions of bitterness and to reach out with kindness and compassion to those who strike out in fear and blame. Love truly does conquer all.
6. I am forgiving: Forgiveness at its highest form is forgiveness broadly applied, as an expression of a forgiving heart. It is the attitude of forgiveness. I do not carry the weight of grudges to be crooked and disfigured with hate and resentment. I cannot have burdens of the soul, hence I am lighter, freer and happier.
7. I am selfless: Selfishness is the great destroyer of love and compassion, of kindness, empathy and happiness. The problem is that it is also quite a natural part of the human condition. I truly lose myself in serving others, which has uprooted the crippling characteristic of selfishness and made me learn to release and love and feel. I serve and help and watch the good results.
8. I am funny: I have the caliber to laugh, especially at myself. There is humor in almost every situation. I just have to find it. And laughing is almost always better than crying.
9. I am disciplined: No one watches over my shoulder when I slack off–except me. I have sense of ethics, of what is right and what is wrong, and act accordingly. I am strong enough to say no to life’s many temptations, from food to drugs to illicit sex.
10. I am confident: I always believe that someone out there who is better than you, you can realize your own abilities. Be confident in what you can and cannot do.
783 total views, 3 views today