February 16 2017
#BookSlutThursday – Week 3
- Reading William Dalrymple and Anita Anand:’s new book, Kohinoor: The Story of the World’s Most Infamous Diamond, I was tempted to draw the kind of charts that are now so in vogue due to the popularity of shows like Game Of Thrones and The Walking Dead, where the body count of important characters runs into double digits. The kind of charts that trace every death that occurred across every season, categorised according to how each gruesome end came about.
- Set in the eerie locales of Mussoorie of the bygone era, Death under the deodars the anthology has intriguing cases where myriad of characters ranging from an adulterous couple to a Daryaganj strangler play their part. Miss Ripley Bean, the immortal character created by Ruskin Bond, returns this winter with eight brand new adventures which she resolves with ease. As the elderly investigator, reminiscent of Miss Jane Marple from Christie’s novels, with her terrier Fluff and her accomplices Mr Lobo and Nandu ruminate over these curious cases, not only the young readers, but also the aged feel the pace of the narrative and get hooked till the end.
- The English Patient tracks the convocation of four people at an Italian villa – a nurse, a Sikh sapper, a thief, and a badly burned Englishman – who come to forge an unlikely family, and together discover the secrets of their respective pasts, and the emotional wounds they share.
- For an affordable pen that writes smoothly; dries quickly and indelibly; won’t bleed, skip or feather; and has the best ink flow of any non-fountain pen; grab yourself the uni-ball. Available in a number of sizes and colors, it’s the best affordable pen around for taking notes or a meeting. This is thanks to uni-ball’s special pigment-based ink, which is designed to sink into the paper, which has the added bonus of making it much more difficult to wash away, preventing check fraud.
- Sheaffer teamed up with Ferrari, racing arm of the Italian thoroughbred sports car manufacturer, to produce this collectors edition of the Sheaffer Ferrari 100. With its wide profile and classy gloss yellow finish, this Ballpoint Pen has a great quality look and feel with Ferrari emblem on cap side.
- I love vintage Baker furniture, old globes and unique pieces with character. … ABOVE Antique box collection. You just can’t put into words how mesmerizing you feel when you open the lid and see the kind of space the box offers. I have my bookmarks and tiny stationery items housed in it. All in all it is very beautiful with vintage design.
- If you want something a little more unconventional, you must own metal bookmarks. These book accessories look ornamental. Lose yourself in a good book, but not your place when you use this stylish metal bookmark! Makes a great gift for yourself or the reader in your life.
- Think outside traditional flower arrangement elements and make roses float in a porcelain bowl. Presentation is everything when you’re arranging a single variety of flowers. To make a dozen roses even more impressive. Miniature roses are perfect for creating this type floating flower arrangement.
If you are inspired by this post I would suggest you do the same and share your link with Shalz.
“I am linking up this post with #shalzmojosays“
1,009 total views, 2 views today