Childhood Memories you are Thankful for #ThankfulThursdays week 33

Sweet are the recollections of childhood. These fill one’s mind with joy when one looks back to the days of childhood. Every child passes its days in the midst of the affection and cares of the parents, grand­father and grand-mother and other dear relations. Cares and anxieties do not trouble the innocent mind of the child. I remember the day clearly when I first went to school. It was a new life to me, but I liked it very much. I made friends with many boys there. I went to school with them and I enjoyed these very much. My teachers loved me very much. I was never afraid of them and they never beat me. I did my lessons well every day. I was fond of story-books. My days of childhood were really spent in happiness. I had no cares and anxieties. I thought of eating, reading, playing and wearing gay clothes and beautiful shoes and nothing else.

1. Everyone had that favorite stuff animal that they just couldn’t live without. You had to have them sleeping with you at night or tagging along with you at grade school. Mine has forever been Winnie the Pooh Bear.
  2. What were some of the children’s stories that stood out to you the most? Mine was “The three little pigs.” I remember being in kindergarten listening to my teacher read the story during circle time. It definitely became one of my favorite reads, along with many other bedtime stories.
  3. This is one of the best childhood memories I just don’t want to let go of any time soon. Do you remember building forts, castles, or tents with chairs, sofa pillows, and sheets? My brother and I used to love to build our little home and camp out in the living room for the night. It was like our territory that no one could enter without our permission. Now that I’m older, I wish I were small enough to fit in one of these fortresses.

Now that all of us are adults or growing into young adults, we can make sure that we create some of the best memories possible for our children to hold on to as they grow up. What are some other childhood memories that are unforgettable? Let us talk about it

Author: Novemberschild

I write a lot, which keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. There is always something to write about, always a new story to craft. Not writing, for me, is like trying to hold back a sneeze. Learning to write was the most powerful influence in my life. I can still remember the awe I felt when I realized I could put real words onto paper and tell out a story. From that first ‘a-ha’ moment I knew I wanted to write.

476 total views, 2 views today

10 thoughts on “Childhood Memories you are Thankful for #ThankfulThursdays week 33

• July 21, 2017 at 12:19 pm

We used to build bedsheet/blanket forts too. Used to be such fun 😀
    Childhood memories are the best.

• July 19, 2017 at 11:12 pm

It reminded me of many old memories of my childhood. Thanks for writing for #ThankfulThursdays

• July 13, 2017 at 5:29 pm

Yes, I remember making a small house under the dining table with the chairs around and covering with sheets. Only me and my brother were allowed in that house so little and so cute. Still fresh in my vision.

• July 12, 2017 at 5:13 pm

Beautiful memories! My kids make those forts now and I have resigned to having a cushion filled living room 😀 One day I hope they will write a similar post

• July 9, 2017 at 8:14 am

Good thoughts here. My most precious memory from when I was very young is my parents sent me a birthday wish on the local radio. The announcer told me to go look under my bed. I did and my present was a life size baby doll that I loved for many years.
    Kathleen
    Blogger’s Pit Stop

• July 8, 2017 at 7:36 pm

Childhood Memories have the power to bring back fun excitement every time revisited….
    You still remember your kindergarten favourite rhyme… gosh you have a solid memory lady! Hats Off

• July 7, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Childhood memories are most precious. I love scanning my photos into my PC and then looking back through the years and it seems as if I can just step into the photo and return for a moment.

• July 6, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Nice post. Childhood memories are indeed most cherished ones. It’s such a coincidence that I was talking about my school and few childhood memories to my wife and I see your post on the same today. Enjoyed reading it and it took me down to the memory lane.

• July 6, 2017 at 4:28 pm

Childhood is precious. Memories even more so.Siblings and school make it preciois .Thank you for writing with us for #Thankful Thursdays

• July 6, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Hansel and Gretel was my favorite story as a child. I remember making blanket forts too! I refreshed so many of memories through your post, Roms!:)
    Thanks for sharing and thank you for writing for #ThankfulThursdays