An irresistible page-turner is a wonderful thing, but the very greatest novels pack sentences so prevailing that you stop reading, lower the book and simply live in the words for a moment. The most memorable literary payoffs, from the chilling to the poetic.
Here I mention 5 most interesting and favorites lines of mine from literature.
1. “And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” —John Steinbeck, East of Eden
2. “For poems are like rainbows; they escape you quickly.” —Langston Hughes, The Big Sea
3. “We cross our bridges as we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and the presumption that once our eyes watered.” —Tom Stoppard, Rosencratz and Guildenstern Are Dead
4. “In spite of everything, I still believe people are really good at heart.” —Anne Frank, The Diary of Anne Frank
5. “Once upon a time there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.” —Nicole Krauss, The History of Love
‘I am taking My Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’
172 total views, no views today