When you’re making a list of things to be thankful for, computers and technology usually don’t make the list; as a matter of fact, they often get put on the “hate” list of things that frustrate us! However, I think it’s time to give credit where it is due! Here are the top 5 reasons why we should be thankful for the technology we have available to us:
- It allows us to be more “earth-friendly.” Thanks to email and the Internet, document management and cloud storage options, we can all communicate with each other without wasting paper and ink. If you are considering going paperless, we can help!
- We can instantly access information on practically any topic we want, whenever we want. I remember when I was a kid, all research required a trip to the library and old-fashioned research with a set of encyclopedias. Now you can research and book your next vacation, see what’s on the menu at your favorite restaurant, study for a spelling test, and asssemble a bibliography with a few clicks.
- It keeps us in touch. Although it can be easily argued we’ve gone too far in this department, cell phones and online forums have enabled us to find and stay in touch wit more people more frequently.
- It saves us time and money. Nothing has done mre for the consumer than the Internet. In minutes, you can search on and compare various products and services without having to make a single phone call or (even better) getting in your car to drive about looking for what you want. Plus, you can order just about anything online and have it shipped to your door.
- It keeps us organized. Forget those post-it notes stuck all over your desk, slips of papers crammed in your pockets and daily planners. Electronic and online organizers and calendars keep our schedules organized and synchronize to our cell phones and other mobile devices so we are always organized.
‘I am taking My Alexa rank to the next level with Blogchatter’
224 total views, no views today