The Purpose of Human Life!
I came out of ‘Womb’ and cried. The first touch of air did not make me happy. Why? I never realised that. But I could hear laughter and congratulations. And of course I felt the warmth of my parents that eased out my anxiety. I felt secured and stopped crying, never even trying to find out why did I cry. Well, I cried because of following reasons:
- I failed to understand my ‘purpose’ in previous life and I am reborn to pursue the same quest.
- I don’t know if I will realise the purpose or shall re-born again to cry again.
- The probability of not finding the answer is high since the world around will make me to forget the purpose.
- The quest will be buried in my consciousness will remain dormant. And I will even waste this opportunity of human life.
- I will lose the opportunity to find my purpose and to achieve salvation which comes as bonus after finding the purpose.
What I need to seek in human life? This answer to this question is being sought by mankind since it’s advent on the planet Earth. First humans roamed to find the ‘purpose’.
They would have thought that at some locations of this planet they would find the answer. But they never understood that planet was always ‘spherical’ in shape. No matter from where they would begin the quest; they would eventually reach the same point. Then discovery of fire, invention of wheel, forging of steel made them to believe that their purpose was to stay together, build civilizations, gather riches and expand the empires. But again it did not bring them the ‘salvation, the solace’ as they were kept mauling by sufferings, pains and darkness of ignorance. Well this all lead to chaos and rise of all possible negative emotions and habits we encounter in modern times. Mankind could not find it’s ‘purpose’ in millenniums of human evolution. Is it making you worried and nervous?
Don’t worry I have answer for you in following words of Dhan Shri Guru Arjan Dev Ji, Fifth Sikh Guru:
(This human body has been given to you. This is your chance to meet the Lord of the Universe.)
So what is our purpose? Our purpose is to merge with ‘The One Formless Lord of Universe’, as per above words. Mergence will not happen at your will. Since your will is sheer ego and ego will keep you distinct from everything. Like, water droplet if thinks it is unique will never surrender itself for merging in ocean. I got this feeling of ‘uniqueness’ when my mother touched me when I was born. This gave rise to ‘Latent Ego’ and proved to be bigger hindrance in my quest to my purpose. So, one has to overcome this ego by humbly asking for ‘Grace’ of ‘The One’. Bow down with humbleness; don’t waste any moments and who knows you never have to cry again!!!
About the Guest writer
Author Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tarundeep.singh.3139
KNOW TARUN DEEP SINGH
- Friends call him TD!!!
- He has done his MS in Electrical Engineering from Michigan State University, East Lansing, Michigan, USA.
- He has coauthored a US patent on Fault Isolation on PCI bus.
- He is an IT professional and lives in Chandigarh.
- He is passionate about writing and likes to express his thoughts.
- He loves to play Table Tennis and writing poems in Hindi.
- Following are the list of his publications:
- Book “The Journey: Traveller With In” published by Becomeshakespeare.com
- Story “Resurrection of Faith” published in Chicken Soup for the Indian Teenage Soul-Teen Talk-Growing Up by Westland Publishers.
- Self Published Book: “What Is an Indian?”
- Self Published Book: “Man Is A Thought: Scientific and Theological Journey To Space of Thoughts.”
120 total views, 3 views today