The small things in life really are the most important to our happiness. Think about it, we have small joys everyday. My favorite saying/quote is we make our own happiness. We can fume about the disappointments in life which slams the door on all the good feelings trying to lift you up. When you are upset just close your eyes and when you open them look for joys in a sunrise, the beautiful colors of the leaves, your pet licking you or may be having your favorite ice cream.
- Starting a new book is such an amazing feeling. It means that first off, I have free time to read. But it also means that this specific arrangement of words composed by another person is about to speak truth into my life and cause me to think, laugh and cry. The possibilities are endless. After I get over my post-book depression, the satisfaction sets in and it truly is one of the most accomplished feelings.
- Finding time to be still could be hard to find, but it is one of life’s simplest pleasures. Meditation, prayer, and just taking a deep breath is free, rewarding, and so relaxing. There is truly nothing like those moments where you can feel your brain expanding and working to process new information. Feeding your brain is such a feel good activity.
- Every time I am in a bad mood I try to stop my negative thinking cycle by looking to the people around me and complimenting them. This helps to create positive thoughts, and will make you (and that person) feel better overall. It’s a win-win.
- Crossing an item off your To Do list is by far one of the best feelings in the world. Laundry? Done. Paper due tomorrow? Done. Staying organized is a joyous moment for me; it is also a stress reliever to see that pen cross right through that task you just completed giving sense of achievement.
- Writing on fresh pages in my journal with an inky, flowy pen. There is something about fresh pages and flowing ink. The best thing about writing is that no matter what I end up writing about it is hard to not grow from it. I cant just read a past entry/post in my journal in which I acted shamefully and say “that was dumb, anyway” No, I say “I will never make a dumb choice like that again!” That’s the truth! Writing always gives me the joy of turning into a better person.
Learning to appreciate these things and moments play a huge role in creating a peaceful and happy life. Although the things themselves may be small, failing to appreciate them has really big ramifications! Be Happy Be thankful to small joys of life. It’s so much easier to walk this life if you look for the good in small things and spend as little time as possible on the bad. What little joys do you love in life?
62 total views, 62 views today